THIS ARCHIVED SITE IS NO LONGER UPDATED. Get the latest City of Lakewood information at the new

Skip to main content

Protection Orders

A judge might issue a protection order in a criminal case. Protection orders prohibit the defendant from contacting the victim unless otherwise stated in the order.

Civil protection orders can be obtained at the county court and the following agencies can help victims request a protection order:

  • Women in Crisis (Jefferson County): 303-420-0412
  • Project Safeguard (Adams, Denver, Arapahoe, Broomfield): 303-863-7416 
  • Jefferson County Court Clerk: 303-271-6228 

For Municipal Protection Orders use the Quick Link on the right side of this page.

Contact Information:

Victim Assistance
Direct: 303-987-7191 | Email:

Quick Links

view all


view all
How do I file a police report?
How do I obtain a protection (restraining) order?