THIS ARCHIVED SITE IS NO LONGER UPDATED. Get the latest City of Lakewood information at the new

Skip to main content

Crime Victim Compensation

  • You may be eligible for assistance if you have been a crime victim, are innocent of any wrongdoing in the incident and cooperate with the prosecution of the case.
  • You must report the crime to the police within 72 hours of its occurrence and must cooperate fully.
  • Victim Compensation requires an application process, and all applications are reviewed by the victim compensation board.
  • Approved funds can be used to help replace doors, locks or windows damaged during a criminal incident, pay medical expenses or the cost of mental health counseling needed as a result of a criminal incident.
  • Funds to compensate victims are collected from court fines and surcharges.
  • Except under very unusual circumstances, you have up to one year from the date of the crime to file your claim.


Quick Links

view all


view all
How do I file a police report?