THIS ARCHIVED SITE IS NO LONGER UPDATED. Get the latest City of Lakewood information at the new

Skip to main content

Vegetation Concerns

Overhanging Trees and Bushes/Projection into Public Way
Sidewalks and streets must be kept free of obstruction from vegetation including trees and bushes according to the Municipal Code.


The best way to report a concern is to submit it through Request Lakewood.


Using that form, you can let us know about dead or hazardous trees, tall grass on city right of way, tall grass on private property, or any other related issue.


To report trees growing into power lines, please contact Xcel Energy directly at 1-800-895-4999.

Contact Information:

Parks Division
2775 S. Estes St.
Lakewood, CO 80226
Direct: 720-963-5240

What's Happening

Quick Links

view all


view all
Can Forestry help when my neighbor’s tree overhangs into my yard?
Who do I contact if trees are growing into the power lines?
Where can I dispose of leaves and tree debris?