Lakewood's Economic Development Division recognizes that workforce drives most relocation and expansion decisions. World-class institutions such as the National Renewable Energy Laboratory and Colorado School of Mines are located just outside Lakewood along with established higher education offerings from Red Rocks Community College and Colorado Christian University, ensuring a talented workforce for our existing and future companies. The Jefferson County Workforce Center is also available to assist with many of your workforce needs.
The Economic Development Division can produce customized workforce reports for your project.
Lakewood Regional Workforce Highlights
- Nearly 160,000 higher education students currently enrolled at 13 campuses within 40 miles of Lakewood.
- Lakewood is home to one of the largest OSHA training centers in the country.
- Denver is the top metro area for relocating adults ages 25 to 34 years old.
- The metro Denver area has a workforce of about 1.5 million workers.
- Colorado is the second-most highly educated state in the U.S.
- Colorado ranked third in high-tech employment per 1,000 workers for the fifth consecutive year.
- Colorado has the third largest concentration of scientists and engineers in the nation.
- Colorado was named the No. 5 "Best State For Business" in 2013, by Forbes Magazine.